Sunday, April 10, 2011

Be The Change

Today after church we went to a Chinese restaurant for lunch. "They have Chinese food in South Dakota?" asked A. It made us chuckle.
One of our fortunes was this. . . You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
YOU MUST. I MUST. Wow, what a thought provoking fortune that many would read and discard. But not me, not today.
Oh, how I want to do something to change the world for orphans. I have been struggling for quite some time with my feelings of not knowing the direction the Lord wants me to go. Sometimes the feeling is so strong, I know that I am supposed to be doing something. The problem is that I don't know what the Lord wants me to DO. All I know is that I am supposed to do SOMETHING. For now, I pray for the orphans. But I feel so inadequate when that is all I am doing. I read blogs about what others are doing and I think, "Could I do that?". But nothing seems to be the right thing for me do right now where I am.
All this brings to mind the song While I'm Waiting by John Waller.



The song says, "I will move ahead bold and confident". I do wish to move ahead and be bold in my desire to raise awareness for adoption, but I must admit that I am not at all confident about how to do that. I desire a clear message as to what I should do. My heart breaks for the orphans of the world, but I do not feel like I am using my heartbreak in such a way as to bring about a change. So until I get a clear understanding of the direction I should take, "I will serve You, while I'm waiting".

No comments:

Post a Comment